The following information is provided by:
Alternate ICT, SC6 & SWAFS NCP;
National Documentation Centre, EKT/NHRF
Vas. Konstantinou Ave. 48,
Athens, 11635, Greece
ph: 0030 210 727 3926
Here is a round-up of SSH-related notices that may be of interest:
1) The World Social Science Forum 2015 will be taking place in Durban, South Africa next September. All relevant information can be found on the event website: http://www.wssf2015.org/
2) There will be an International Symposium on 'Employment and Social Inclusion in Europe: Ways Forward for the Young Jobless Generation' next March in Brussels. For all relevant information see: http://www.publicpolicyexchange.co.uk/events/FC24-PPE2
3) The unit B.6 "Reflective Societies" at the European Commission, DG Research and Innovation, has asked the NET4SOCIETY network to suggest topics not already covered by that would help to embed SSH throughout the whole programme of Horizon 2020, e.g. in other Societal Challenges or in the LEIT part (Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies) of HORIZON 2020.
If you feel that your SSH-related research activity does not fit into Societal Challenge 6 and, so far, has not been covered by any other area of HORIZON 2020 (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/ ) then this could be your opportunity to feed it into the process of Work Programme development.
Please find attached a template for a topic suggestion. If you have suggestions, please fill in one template per topic and return it to me by 19th January 2015. I will then forward the collected topics to the NET4SOCIETY coordinator. Please note that the boxes in the template on contact details and partner countries are only there to help us as NCPs to keep track of the origin of contributions but will not be included in the feedback forwarded by the network to the EC.
4) There is to be an international event in Brussels next February addressing the topics of the open call for proposals entitled "Europe as a global actor", under Societal Challenge 6). The event will include a brokerage event to allow participants to discuss collaboration opportunities with potential partners. All the relevant information can be found at: https://www.b2match.eu/SC6-INT-2015
5) An overview of how the social sciences and humanities are being integrated into the initiatives of the European Research Area (ERA) was recently published on the NET4SOCIETY website and can be viewed at: http://www.net4society.eu/_media/NET4SOCIETY_M331_SSHinERA_2.pdf
6) A European think tank based in Brussels is aiming to participate in the following call topics:
- INT-4-2015: The European Union's contribution to global development: in search of greater policy coherence
- INT-9-2015: The European Union, Turkey and its wider neighbourhood: challenges and opportunities
Details of the partner search and the relevant contact details are included in the attached profile.